Saturday, April 28, 2012

You Dream what You Read

The other night I had a dream. Someone I loved was being held hostage (I have no idea who this person is, so from now on I'll call him/her Blair). So, of course, I was in pursuit of them. I discovered that Blair was being held by at least two men.  While one was distracted, I sneaked in to make my rescue.
The man that was holding Blair was no man at all, but one of my students- Abbott. Of course in my dream I wasn't a teacher, and he was not an 8 year old boy. But nonetheless, it freaked me out.
So I crept up behind Abbott with the notion that I was going to cut his throat... I won't go in to the gory details as they still give me the hibby jibbies. But I will have to remember next time I'm cutting someone's throat in a dream, I should remember to sharpen the blade.


Here I am, 3 days later, still slightly unnerved by this dream. I mean, I know that the hostage situation, and murdering was influenced by my choice of entertainment that night (I was watching season 1 of 24, and read The Hunger Games). But from where did my student come from? Why was he the one that I had to kill?
Do I need to visit a psychologist? Or am I just so into The Hunger Games, that subconsciously I'm experiencing what I imagine Katniss to be facing in having to kill those she cares about.


~I woke from that dream crying~

No comments: